I would like to thank Film Music Central for nominating me to the Liebster Award!
There are only a few rules:
Answer the eleven questions asked by the blog that nominated you.
Link back to the blog that nominated you.
Nominate several other blogs and ask them eleven questions of your own choice. Be sure to tell them on their blog that they have been nominated.
Here are the eleven questions from Film Music Central
1 – What is your favorite animated film (anime counts)?
That’s a tough question. If asked that several years ago I would have said Beauty and the Beast, but now I believe Sleeping Beauty is the one.
2 – What is your favorite film soundtrack?
Hmm…this is another one that seems to change frequently, but currently I have to say the soundtrack for Love Me or Leave Me, which I’m not entirely sure counts, because it only features singing. For soundtrack for a non-musical, I would say The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, by Bernard Herrmann.
3 – Favorite snack to eat at the movies?
4 – What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
The 1993 The Secret Garden.
5 – What is your favorite movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?
X-Men, because it features Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen facing off.
6 – The Enterprise meets an Imperial Star Destroyer in a battle: who wins?
I must admit to being slightly biased in favor of anything Star Wars, but I have to pick The Enterprise. They win so often and so creatively and we’ve seen more than one Star Destroyer bite the dust during the Star Wars saga.
7 – If you could travel to any place in the world (all expenses paid), where would you go?
Germany. I’ve always wanted to explore Germany, see the birthplaces of all the composers. Or maybe Constantinople and check out all the remnants of the Byzantine Empire.
8 – If you could watch only one tv show for the rest of your life, which would you pick?
9 – Who has played Batman the best?
This is embarrassing, but the only Batman I’ve seen is Adam West in the highly cheesy movie from 1966 (it had classic movie stalwarts like Cesar Romero, Burgess Meredith, Alan Napier and Reginald Denny). I’m not sure if I should show my face after that admission.
10 – If someone made a movie of your life, who would play you?
Doris Day? Then it could be a musical! Okay, so she doesn’t look or sound like me, but that didn’t stop her from playing Ruth Etting.
11 – Favorite weekend activity
Either a BBQ or a walk/hike.
My nominees are:
If you are unable to participate, there is no pressure, I completely understand.
Here are my eleven questions
- Favorite movie adaptation of a book
- Least favorite movie adaptation of a book
- Book you wish Alfred Hitchcock could adapt into a movie
- Book you would love to see turned into a musical
- Movie you would most like to see remade.
- Song that most often gets stuck in your head
- Favorite swashbuckling hero
- Which legendary hero do you prefer: Zorro or Robin Hood?
- Name at least three or four actors from the classic movie era who you would cast in a Golden Age of Hollywood movie version of The Lord of the Rings
- Preferred movie watching weather ambiance: sunny, cloudy, rainy, blizzard, hurricane, overcast, daylight, midnight?
- And because it’s such an intriguing question: the Enterprise meets an Imperial Star Destroyer in a battle: who wins?
What are your thoughts? I would love to hear what everyone thinks about any (or all) of the 22 questions!